Job Purpose Statement / Nature of work
In this role you will be required to set and operate a variety of CNC programmable machines to produce a variety of high quality parts and tooling. You will also be required to complete production related tasks as directed by the department Supervisor. Basic CNC knowledge is required although training can be provided.
Main Duties: Job Specific Tasks
• Working to set procedures and tolerances
• Operating machines to a high rate of efficiency to produce quality machined parts.
• Maintain continuity among colleagues by documenting, reporting and communicating on actions, irregularities and continuing needs.
• To undertake training and operate a range of CNC machinery.
• To maintain the work are to a high standard of housekeeping.
• Providing cover for the shift leading hand when required.
• To perform tasks throughout the cleats department area including: packing, operation of the cleat saws and operation of the lathe.
• Follow a production plan to ensure parts are made on time of delivery.
Main Duties: Health & Safety
• To ensure that your working environment in kept clean and hazard free at all times;
• To take responsibility for your health and Safety and that of others;
• To assist any members of your team where needed;
• Not to use any machinery unless you have been properly trained to do so;
• To ensure that any machinery used is checked prior to use;
• Ensure that any defective machinery is isolated and reported immediately;
• To ensure that all H&S instructions are followed;
• That any breaches of Health and Safety were reported immediately;
• Ensure all team members are wearing appropriate PPE
Main Duties: Production
• Responsibility for all machine have correct software and tooling;
• Weekly inspection of tooling for any defects;
• Observe production to detect production defects or machine malfunctions helping adjust machines when needed;
• Working with production operators to improve machine setting times;
• Liaise with supervisors and maintenance about machine breakdowns if production plans need changing;
• Machine breakdowns recorded correctly for measuring machine up time;
Main Duties: Quality
• To ensure all relevant checks and paperwork are completed.
• To ensure all databases are kept up to date.
• Adhere to all risk assessments, safe systems of work, standard operating procedures and environmental practices.
• Ensure you are familiar with and understand any changes in policy and understand the contents of the H+S board.
• Monitor and measure quality issues reducing sub-standard product
• Strive to provide our customers with products or services of quality and value that are continuously ahead of our competition.
Personal & cultural attributes
• Treat all fellow colleagues with dignity and respect
• To communicate clearly and effectively
• Can work to deadlines
• Can adapt to change
• To be courteous to colleagues
• Must be able to work well in a team
• Flexible and willing to learn
• Good timekeeping
• Maintains a clean and tidy work place
• Accept and acts upon constructive criticism
• Motivate others and leads by example