Part Time Permanent Compliance Officer – North Somerset Area
3+ years experience within a similar role
22.5 hours per week (Flexible) i.e. 2 Days remotely 1 Day per week office
Visiting Cumbria Site every 2 months so will involve travel and overnight stay
Our Client are delighted to be offering a Compliance Officer position, to work flexibly from their local office. As an integral role within a small team, this hire will report to the Commercial Manager and will lead compliance duties within the business.
• Controlling external compliance with respect to related certification bodies and assurance schemes (UFAS, FEMAS, Organic Farmers and Growers, ISO Standards, Trading Standards).
• Co-ordinating and managing external audits from above schemes and ensuring continuation of accreditations.
• Responsible for maintaining and developing internal procedures, work instructions and SHE standards.
• Carrying out internal audits of the Local office and Cumbria/Dundee storage facility to evaluate compliance with internal procedures. Presenting finding to the UK Senior Management team and following up on action points.
• Ensuring training requirements are completed, recorded and are adequate to meet staff requirements.
• Working closely with external consultants to future proof business compliance.
• Leading the development and progress of Modern Slavery and Sustainability initiatives.
• Show integrity at all times.
• High level of organisational skills and attention to detail.
• Excellent communication skills required for managing relationships with external bodies.
• Able to interpret data and apply critical thinking to decision making, whilst seeing the bigger picture.
• Problem-solve using structured and straightforward methods.
• Ability to engage with all levels and functions across the business.
• Highly motivated individual looking to support and add value, in a close-knit team.
• Have quality assurance knowledge and a clear understanding of ISO standards.